Ten Ways to Go Greek!
Need some new ways to enjoy Greek yogurt? Read on for 10 healthy and unique ways to use and substitute this nutritional powerhouse:
- Use a dollop of Greek yogurt instead of sour cream on baked potatoes, chili, or Mexican food.
- At-home FroYo – combine 1-5.3 oz container Greek yogurt with cut up or frozen fruit & freeze for at least an hour for a no sugar added frozen treat.
- Substitute Greek yogurt for mayo 1:1 in tuna/egg/chicken/potato salad recipes.
- DIY Ranch Dressing – mix 1 Tbsp Ranch seasoning with 1-5.3 oz container Greek yogurt to make a salad dressing for veggies or spread for sandwiches or burgers. Add 1 tbsp taco seasoning for a spicy version.
- Top oatmeal, waffles, or pancakes with Greek yogurt for a protein-packed breakfast.
- Made Over Marinara – combine marinara sauce with Greek yogurt to create a tomato cream sauce for pasta.
- Nutrient Packed Coleslaw – toss broccoli slaw, dried cranberries, & sliced almonds with 1-5.3 oz container Greek yogurt to make a healthy side dish. Season with black pepper & garlic powder.
- Mix Greek yogurt with hummus or guacamole for a creamy texture and to add protein to a healthy fat dip.
- Protein Packed Parfait – layer Greek yogurt with whole grain/high fiber cereal and chopped fruit & top with a few nuts for a balanced breakfast.
- Use Greek yogurt as a dressing for a wrap sandwich mixed with a little dill or lemon juice.
Plain, Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
1 container (5.3 oz) = 80-100 calories | 0 g fat | 6-7 g carbs | 15-18 g protein
Best Greek Yogurt Brands: Fage, Chobani, Stonyfield Farm Oikos Organic, Dannon Oikos